Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Tuesday 19 January 2010

Preparations

are all the go for my hols OS.

I've been checking out insurances, filling in a form for an international cycling licence for the World Road Champs in Austria, sorting out B&B's in Sicily for the 5 days prior to the start of my cycling epic and generally getting organised ridiculously well ahead of time.

I've also been getting eyes and teeth checked and a medical  check up organised...something required by the tour organisor for over 60's...wot an insult.

I've  got spare spokes for the Kysriums, spare cleats, wedges and shims for my shoes,  Ay-up lights for those long tunnels, new luggage, a new sleeping mat and a zillion other odds and ends that apparently I can't do without.   Apparently they also advise a spare derailleur hanger...just in case(!).

I would  have bought the Quechua tent they suggestin order   to have a go with it before I have to...but the price here is so much more than they are going to charge me to pick it up  at the start of the ride that it was just not worth it.

Just gotta wait til May, only 101 days to go I think

No comments: