Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Friday 18 September 2009

Road runner legs

Motorpacing always leaves me feeling like the cartoon road runner, with legs going round in circles.

As a grinder rather than a spinner, anything > 90rpm is a mega achievement for me, so while today's top of 120rpm may sound pathetic to some(maybe most) for me it was a world record. When I peeled off the effort, it wasn't for cardiovascular or muscular reasons, it was 'cos the cadence was waaaaay over my comfort zone and holding it for as long as I did was a real struggle
. And I'm walking real funny now too ;-)...stiff in the hip muscles....

So today is the last day of my holiday (not counting the w/e as holiday days) and unless my coach tells me differently, the next two day's rides are going to be long and moderately paced. Guess I'm gunna hafta start the spew-worthy sessions soon, dammit.

What the last week has told me is that working part time is a really wise move if I want to stay competitive and considering I am defined by my sport and not my work.........

No comments: