Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Sunday 16 November 2008

Christmas approaches

..and with it all the gift advertising bumpf that comes with the newspaper and also independently through my mail box. Normally I chuck it straight into the bin but today I glanced at one and noted that Cuisinart are advertising a set of "Onion Glasses". These glasses are speshul...no more tears while cutting onions. Big sigh. I quickly threw that ad away, juuuust in case someone in my family got the idea I might be interested.....

Phil is off to Chile and Argentina or maybe its Brazil and Argentina next week, so I can guess what the theme for all our presents from him will take, so I'm safe there. And if I can remember to remind Alex/Ben that an electric carving knife would be good for a Mum who is getting athritis in her fingers......

The result of Ben's scan came back ...definitely a fracture. Well...wot a surprise ...not. Ben has no private health insurance so we wait to see what sort of time frame going "public" will involve and if its too long a dip into the parental purse will be the go......

3 comments:

Judith said...

Hi Liz, it is Judith, found your blog via a link from Lawrences blog, and as I am a bit of a blogger too...nothing special though...I thought I would add yours to my blogs I read and drop you a note...about the Onion Glasses, get contact lenses they work a treat....I never have a problem with onions...I just cry at almost anything else...especially race nerves......

Liz said...

Hey Judith welcome to bloggers anonymous! how's your training going?

I only wear contacts when I race..hmmmm, and I don't cry at races..maybe that's why ;)

Judith said...

Training is going ok, I am very inconsistent at the moment, I have a brilliant day and then a crap day.....Havent done much specific stuff of late.....Reading all of your links to Power meters, I would love one of those...actually I have a Polar 725 which does power (of sorts) better than nothing I think I need to crank it back up..