Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Tuesday 27 November 2007

This brought tears to my eyes

Two people watching me endlessly circling the velodrome yesterday said they had tears in their eyes as I approached the final minute....me, I was too dehydrated to have tears then but today, a young man wrote this to me and brought tears to my eyes:

"as with everything we attempt on our bikes, its not all
about the final result. Getting out there and giving it a
hard nudge is what its really all about. Results are good
but really it's all about the journey.

If we had amazing results every time it'd be pointless, no
challenge.

Yoda would have something cool to say......"

1 comment:

Niki said...

Congratulations! I don't know if you've seen it, but my friend Andy White posted about your attempt on his website: http://www.fyxomatosis.com/news.php (scroll down a bit).