Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Sunday 4 November 2007

The irony of Melbourne's weather and 22 days to go

Today's training session was s'posed to be to make use of a warmer track than the last effort when it was 14 degrees C at the start and 16 by the time I'd completed my workout. The temp currently, about 2 hrs before I go to the track is:16 degrees C here where I live but only 12 C where the track is!! Wry smile in place.

My contact at BOM has advised not to place too much credence on forecasts greater than 7 days out..so I will wait for a coupla weeks before asking again.

Sunday would appear to be the designated day for extreme weather at this time of the year. Last Sunday the wind was so strong it was dangerous to ride on the road, today we're into downpour weather..so much so that I got up last night and did the rounds of the house to make sure there were no floods. The garden will benefit from the soaking and hopefully the rain is also happening in the catchment area.

Quote for the day by Libby Lenton "They never said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."

No comments: