Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Saturday 31 March 2007

Hanging on for dear life.(click the graph to enlarge)

















This is about 2/3 of the Aus Masters Crit race for WMAS 5+..30 mins plus 3 laps. I developed lockjaw from either gripping the jersey of the rider in front with my teeth or grinding my teeth on the head stem. I never got to the front and was lucky not to get dropped. Crits are not my forte..all that slow/fast/faster bit..right out of my comfort zone. Comments were made that it was a good race. The old men started about 1 min in front of us and we caught them after about 10 mins and we lapped one of our bunch twice.

I was anywhere from 6th or 7th to ninth over the line, but it turned out there medals for WMAS 5, 6 and 7 so I scored gold in WMAS 7. Its a pity that wasn't passed onto us before the race!! So far 2 golds, 1 silver and 2 fourths.

Since I wasn't wearing a HRM strap you can rest easy...my max was def not 252bpm..although come to think of it....

I drove home and slept!


No comments: