Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Monday 2 April 2007

Jet lagged legs


Click to enlarge the graph.

Jet lagged..that's how my legs feel after 6 races in 7 days. I feel fine but my legs don't wanna know... goals for this week are the 3 R's..rest, rest, rest.

The road race was a wimper fest. My one thought at the start was..pleeez don't go too fast, I know for sure I'll get dropped..I just don't wanna get dropped too early. In fact the only attacks were during the first 15km or so and then the one at the end where the elastic finally snapped. You can see the exact spot on the graph..its just before 34.5km..the speed went up and I was drafting happily then I cracked and I was fighting and then failing to keep the wheel..watts up, speed down.

So that's the Nats..3 gold, 2 silver and 1 fourth...in the end there were medals for each of WMAS 5, 6 and 7 in all 3 of the road races. So with my road tally of 2 gold and 1 silver I won the Road Champion's Jersey. Also the jersey for the Women's division of the 2006 year long Masters series. Beauty!

So back to the drawing board and now to focus 100% my goal for the year....

No comments: