Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Monday 1 March 2010

Morituri te salutant

....well metaphorically dead  not actually! so eat drink and be merry for this evening I suffer.  There... I've managed to get 2 cliched statements  into 1 sentence.

Huge thanks to all of you who have sent me messages of good luck and support.   Sadly quite a few have said they can't make it to the velodrome on the night, so those of you who are going to be there need to be of good voice!   If there aren't very many people there to provide crowd noises I might have to crank up the music to an even higher decibel level and  I've asked Alex to add another job to his list...that of being in the stands yelling loudly.

So now I've stopped counting down the days as there are just 11 hours til the sufferfest I've managed  to sign up for yet again. Please can you all stop me in my tracks next time I start talking about a 3rd attempt?  Please?!  

Actually the experience I gained from the first attempt has been of great benefit and has allowed me to avoid some of the organisational pitfalls plus a deeper understanding about what I can and can't do and how I need  my concentration to be 100% and how it is is adversely effected by my handlers talking to me.  Actually, I think I always knew that since I seem to go deaf when doing TT training efforts and have frequently found myself slowing down while trying to work out what exactly  had just been yelled to me....




New count down: I have 34 more days of fronting up at work.

No comments: