Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Saturday 30 January 2010

Beach road..busy and a bit dangerous in the late morning

woo!hoo! a 4 second improvement up Ricketts Point which was 88s and now is 84s and doing it tempo..no out and out "sprinting".

My 2.5 hr ride was cut short due to a costume failure(!)..no not actually..no Janet Jackson story here...but 2hrs after I put it in, my left contact lens disappeared somewhere in my eyeball..one moment I was seeing, the next I was one eyed....and this  is not the first time its happened

I knew it was there somewhere 'cos of the discomfort, so I just had abort the ride and find a mirror to see where the little f*&%er had got to.  Didn't find it until I was nearly home after some serious eyeball searching at every set of red lights..it was somewhere under my top eyelid.

So that was the downside...the upside was that, since I turned round early, I wasn't running out of energy when I got to the bottom of Ricketts Point and so was a happy camper with an improved time up the 700m hill just riding tempo.

And now I'd best get horizontal for a while I guess as I'll have to now do a longer ride tomorrow.....always providing my contacts stay where I put them......

1 comment:

Liz said...

thanks!..I'm just hoping the second phrase is a translation of the first!