Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Sunday 23 August 2009

TT race

Everyone has to have a bad day..a "jour sans". I had one yesterday.

The ride out and part way back was fine, but then I fell into a black hole; I lost concentration and slowed. Somewhat later ??how much later? I realised that I wasn't breathing heavily..ie wasn't at threshold.

I haven't looked at the power read out, but I think I was 1-2 minutes slower than the last time I raced the course. Disappointing.

Alex came up late in the day and we went out for a meal...and got forgotten...luckily, when it finally arrived it was tasty and like all pub meals the serves were extremely generous.

Road race today..60km and the weather doesn't look too bad..6-16 degrees and no mention of rain.

No comments: