Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Thursday 22 January 2009

windy hot and uncomfortable

Today's ride at DISC was sadly a fizzer.
I was going well in my warm up.
Grooving happily around and around until 16 minutes into a 20 minute warm up on an easy gear when I had to deal with a sudden inability to hold the black line...yup a front wheel puncture.
The "DISC in a high wind syndrome" had hit again. What happens is that small crescent shaped bits of metal rain down from the roof every time there is a high wind..and there was.....a high wind that is. And my front tyre was a victim..prob not the last for the day either.

Sad. I get really aggrieved when I get up and out extra early (0530) and then have a negative experience.

TRAC..66 teams. My other project, and somewhat different is the PJC singing group. We met for the first time 8 weeks before Christmas and moved from a rabble to a choir in that time, giving carols performances across the PJC/WH campuses to great acclaim. Now we have to decide where to from here and what will we sing. Looks like Aussie songs for Anzac day is the next target.

No comments: