Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Monday 16 June 2008

Some things are predictable


Well its turns out there were 100,000 bodies on the Eastlink toll way yesterday when it was opened for non cars (ie cyclists runners and walkers) ahead of its official opening on 29/6.
I'm not very good at crystal ball gazing..but this was one I got right. Apparently there were quite a few bingles and I heard on the grape vine at least 3 ambulances were attending the scene, carting the bodies off to the local hospitals for the setting and plastering of broken bones.

A couple of my colleagues at work were going so I'll be interested to hear of their experiences when I return to work tomorrow.



Ben's trial run with my helmet cam was less than successful. He set it up at home and took a few pix, but didn't take into account that his posture on the bike would be different (tut sigh). So his film is either sky or ground...can't recall which and can't be bothered to look at it to find out. Anyhow his annoyance is my learning curve. The down side of the set up is that we don't think you can view it on site to check it out...bit like the powertap..you have to wait to download it to get the details.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sky or ground, oh well there's always next time. Sure you'll get it up and running.

Liz said...

always good to let others make the silly mistakes!