Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Saturday 21 June 2008

Hill reps and the furry members of my family

Today was designated hill reps..5 mins at a good pace up the 1 in 20, turn round and cruise down,recover and do it again x 4....with each one better than the one before. However, since I was crook only 5 days ago I didn't expect to complete the task and I couldn't. However, I did my best (probably too much on the first one) and will try again tomorrow. At least I managed the chunder session on Thursday.



Here are the most recent pix of my puddies.. on the left is the so called "short " haired domestic black and white Pippi looking regal and on the right our ginger tabby Flea acting at being an MTBer's cat!








After today's training session, I had a very nice massage..I've been very stiff since last weekend. My masseur, Celine is also my Pilates instructor and so knows exactly how stiff I am.

Following the massage I started the very important task of writing a list of "things to do" and "what to pack" for my upcoming holiday. Looking at the map of Belgium and also the route of some of the Spring Classics, I realise that the apartment I've managed to book in Geraardsbergen is in a truly brilliant location. My days off at least had one positive benefit...time to explore accommodation options in Belgium.



No comments: