Sitting at my computer on Sunday 3 days after the last race on Thursday followed by a boring drive home on Friday, I just can't seem to get enthusiastic about riding my bike(s)..any of them..not even a fun ride on Gary the MTB. So I shall just have to sit it out and hope to regain some interest by mid week.
- I think the most satisfying aspect of the week came in the road race when I was able to work to gap Rosemary, who annihilated me last year.
- That and not being dropped from the big(gish) bunch.
- This is a race I lost.
- I really have to remember to actually sprint at the end of a race, ie get out of the saddle and also to use a gear with more grunt rather than 1/2 way across the cluster.....
- The weather was the same for all of us, but some(me) react to cold more than others.
- The mechanical was my fault
- My position needs tweaking.
- What a blast.
- The ideal thing for me to do is to use my TT ability for part of this race, but somehow it never happens.. lack of experience as I do one of these races per year & as a result anything I do is purely reactive.....
- Our time for the 5km was only a few seconds slower than the younger grade.
- 43.9 is slow for me, but then I'd not trained for it, so expected nothing more and in fact had said if "I can get under 45 I'll be happy".
- I'm happy.
- The name is.....Bo/Beau. Short for Boadicea (now more correctly known as Boudicca )
- This lady was Queen of the Icenis a tribe who lived in Norfolk which is close to where I grew up in the Lincolnshire fens.
- She was a warrior and her name means "Victory".
- When the Icenis went into battle, they painted themselves with woad..a blue dye (neat eh!).
- Boudicca's chariot had spears attached to the axles ...hmm good idea!
- Colin the Colnago has been delivered to his new owner.
- Get down to race weight (lose 2-3kgs).
- Learn to align gears.
- Get priorities right..work comes waaay behind racing/training!!!!!