Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!


A week ago on Christmas Day I was riding in full winter gear..it wasn't THAT cold really..it was just the temperature swing was so huge, my body couldn't adjust.

A couple of days before that we had a violent rain storm and I hurried home expecting the house to be flooded...as work was.

Yesterday and today, New Year's Eve and Day its been 40+ degrees.... Dorothy McKellar's poem "My Country" is spot on

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me.

The place to be is on40 degree days is...the cinema and the film I went to see was "No Country for Old Men"....weird ending...still working it out..and I may well need some help!

Training is going well..I'm just about to move from Basic to Endurance and get my new program later this week. Yesterday Fixmawheel and I went on a 2hr ride with the goal of riding one of our regular hill rides totally in big chain ring. As we approached it, the excuses started to be trotted out..but to our surprise we both managed it in 53/19. Next time 53/17.

No comments: