Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Tuesday 11 September 2007

Rage against Age

Right! that's it, I'm taking my bat and ball and I'm going home..and don't try to stop me!

Age..grrh.

Not only do I have to suffer a body that needs more rest than it used to, attached to a brain that refuses to accept that concept. Not only that but also the indignities that advancing age brings along with ...namely wrinkles, sagging where you'd prefer not to, growing hair where you shouldn't and losing it where you should. What's more every time I pluck up the courage to look in the mirror there seems to be more grey than whatever colour my hair used to be....I say "seems to be" because my glasses must be getting weaker(!) as I can't really see it very well............. next thing I'll be asking people to say everything at least 3 times.

But wait there's more and here's the point of this posting....if you're a women.... as you age you lose more and more oestrogen and quite clearly I've lost every last drop because yesterday and the day before and the day before that, I searched my car high and low looking for my HRM chest strap. Yet today, there it was on the floor behind the passenger seat...where I'd looked at least a million times. Aaaaargh, so that's it then... I'm developing male characteristics..... come back oestrogen I want y-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u.

And just to prove its not a passing thing but now a deeply entrenched habit, I did the same thing again today....I was looking for the tube of zip ties I KNEW I'd taken into the bike room. Couldn't see them anywhere. Grumped off all around the house, blamed and swore at the son who was at work, the other son who doesn't even live here, the cat who was outside and the husband who's currently in India. Finally I went back and there it was sitting on the floor exactly where I'd put it and exactly where I had been looking. Sigh.

So.. Its bad enough being an honorary male at work (due to, I think/hope the fact that I don't have to say "righty tighty, leftie loosey" when using a screwdriver), but now I'm going to have to suffer the taunts of my female colleagues who can still find things easily.

Life's a bitch.

No comments: