Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Monday 28 July 2008

Out and about finally















After spending much of the weekend asleep.. somehow my eyes just kept closing, today I managed to get on the bike and get a bit of a sweat up.

This part of England is very picturesque..I have many options when looking for a ride, most of which will give me the opportunity to gawk at thatched cottages, white horses carved into the chalk escarpments, standing stones and the attendant new age people or strings of racing horses on the downs





Today I rode out through Marlborough to Avebury and back..50 km was more than enough for a starter and since I hadn't realised there was a tail wind on the way out, I was struggling a bit towards the end of the ride. I had trouble with gear alignment...and will need to get that fixed. I also had trouble with the UK version of the Toorak truck drivers..especially the one that turned into a parking place right in front of me. However all Brit driving sins were forgiven when I came across thatchers at work on one of the cottages in the village. A photo opportunity if ever I saw one.

Tomorrow's ride...hmmm, which bit of touristy stuff will I go for???? maybe try for a white horse or two.......or Dick Francis terrain at Lambourne???

Alex, who's in Poland, tells me he had a spectacular "off" but is okay and Ben is one year older.

No comments: