Liz Randall's Cycling Blog - a life behind bars

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable"



Sunday 12 August 2007

The Flying Scotsman

Parts of this film were very uncomfortable for me because I was suddenly aware of the enormity of what I am trying to achieve. Naturally my efforts and any hoopla around it are puny when comparing it to male elite level, but....while those scenes were happening I quailed.

The film itself was a little threadbare. I didn't feel any of the characters were defined enough and for the cyclists in the audience the actor's physique was very unconvincing. It was also a bit disconcerting to see a hobbit as his manager. Well... he did keep his shoes on.....!

We had free tickets from CyclingVictoria, the people sitting next to us got theirs from Beyond Blue ; for the session we attended at 11 am the cinema was almost empty.

Overall opinion..disappointed. Not a film I'd travel far to see.

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

I wonder how many dreams of and attempts at hour records this movie will inspire. I am hearing whispers already....